The campaign is entitled "Magazines, The Power of Print" and it was developed by five major magazine companies (Condé Nast, Hearst Magazines, Meredith Corporation, Time Inc. and Wenner Media) to promote the vitality of magazines in today's digital age.
Metrics supporting the campaign's message include:
- Magazine readership has risen 4.3% over the past five years
- Average paid subscriptions reached nearly 300 million in 2009
- Adults 18-34 are avid magazine readers. They read more issues and spend more time per issue than their over-34 counterparts
- During the 12-year life of Google, magazine readership increased 11%
- Magazine effectiveness is growing. Ad recall has increased 13% over the past five years. Action-taking—based on readers recalling specific ads—increased by 10%
- Magazines outperform other media in driving positive shifts in purchase consideration/intent