How or why other companies cannot execute a 2D campaign like this I haven't a clue. Let's take a closer look and see what makes this a great 2D campaign.
- The print advertisement's imagery and copy is done well. Nothing fancy, simple and to the point.
- The Tag's call to action fully supports the "Service and Support" campaign theme, and its positioning is great, right next to the company's logo.
- The Tag's scan resolve links to a mobile website, not the company's regular website, which is the way it should be.
- The mobile site offers a variety of service and support information that consumers would find of use and value. Canon, unlike many other electronic manufacturers, understands that value need not always come from or through the product, but that it can come from or through the service and support that is offered.
- The video that is linked to the mobile site is less than one minute long and runs flawlessly.
- Canon provides a 1-800 telephone number and URL address for those who may not be able or want to scan the code. No one's left behind.
- Canon provides readers with instructions on where to find and download a reader app.
Reviewing this 2D advertisement is like a breath of fresh air. Canon simply gets it right from start to finish and, because of this, it is easy to tell that the company thoroughly thought about this advertisement with 2D in mind from the onset.