As positive as I am on the advertisement from a 2D execution perspective, I am a little less so, however, from an overall strategic marketing perspective. Here's why.
These are the main copy (selling) points on the mobile website:
Rewards Flexibility You Need
- No travel restrictions or blackout dates when you book airfare or hotel through Ultimate Rewards(sm)
- Redeem rewards for anything you want
- Any flight, any hotel, any time with the Pay Yourself Back Guarantee
- Our phones are answered by people, no prompts
- Enhanced Identity Protection & Zero Liability
- Earn 1 point for every $1 spent on purchases
- No earning caps and no expirations
- Earn double points when you purchase airfare or hotel through Ultimate Rewards(sm)
Again, the execution of the QR Code works and makes sense, so for that I'll give it a "PASS." But, insofar as the company's offer, I believe Chase and most other financial service providers need to keep trying across the board. What ever happened to the free toaster?
Lastly, I have noticed a couple of other ads by Chase making use of codes and I am wondering if this is all being driven internally or through a code provider.
2D Barcode Litmus Test: PASS