- Now that Tag supports QR Codes, when will Microsoft release the number of Tag Reader apps that have been downloaded?
- When QR Codes start to get scanned by the Tag Reader app in any great number, will Microsoft report those figures?
- Did the introduction of Nellymoser's Universal Action Code Scanner have anything to do with this strategic move or vice versa?
- Other than citing code reader app fragmentation, what else drove the decision to support QR Codes? I'm not a technologist but, isn't it rare that Microsoft would embrace an open source product?
- Will Microsoft enable the generation of customized QR Codes?
- What do you believe will happen to other proprietary 2D codes, namely SnapTag? Is it only a matter of time for them to either fall by the wayside or embrace QR Codes as Microsoft has?
As a follow up to my last post, a few questions for Aaron Getz, General Manager, Microsoft Tag: